Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 2- Eye Tips

I have tried many eyeshadows without primers or matte colors, and I have have tried them with primers and matte colors.

Before putting on any shadow, or eyeliner or mascara/ anything else, put on a base which is a primer or a matte color. Primers and matte colors help bring out a nicer color. Primer MUST be your skin color. If you are planning to do both, the primer is always the first thing to put on. If you are not putting on primer start with a skin color matte. If you are putting on primer the matte DOES NOT need to be skin color.

Then apply, your eye shadow. You can always raise your make-up to your brow bone. NEVER put dark colors on your brow bone, unless it matches your eyes.

Next, put on your eyeliner. Make sure the eyeliner does not crumble when you put it on. If it does, then the liner is old, and should be thrown out. To add touches, use water eyeliner on your top lid. Use a pencil liner for the bottom, or you can put the liner on your waterline (which I like best.)

To close everything up, put on mascara. I use about 3 DIFFERENT mascara's. The first one is for length. The second is for color, and the third is finish touch.

Some primers are: (you can get all these from sephora.com)
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer

No comments:

Post a Comment